A new Era of distortion is here with the Eras Five-State Distortion. Create mythical level riffs that’ll leave everyone seeing red.
Eras is a no apologies, high-gain distortion that’s ready to chug, shred, and palm mute with tight response and multiple clipping options. Use the Blend knob at max for a full distortion onslaught or roll back the Blend knob to creatively stack and mix other dirt pedals placed in front of Eras. Great for bassists that want to blend in their dry signal as well. However you set it, the Eras is ready to deliver a diverse world of speaker ripping sounds.
VOL – The Volume knob sets the overall output volume of the pedal. The Eras has quite a bit of volume on tap, so the Volume knob will be helpful to find the sweet spot for interacting with the rest of your rig.
BLEND – The Blend knob allows you to blend between your fully clean and fully distorted signal. With this control at minimum, the output is your original, fully clean input with no distortion. As you turn the knob to the right, more distortion is added. At maximum, the output is the fully distorted signal with no clean blended in. Blending the clean and distorted signals allows you to increase note clarity as the clean and distorted channels run parallel to each other inside of the Eras. If you run a boost, overdrive, or other distortion before the Eras you can create a unique mixture between the two using the Blend control. Any gain added before the Eras input will affect both the internal clean and dirty channels. The Blend knob is great for bassists as well.
GAIN – The Gain knob sets the amount of gain applied to your guitar signal passing through the overdrive circuit.
BASS – The Bass control allows you to cut or boost low f requencies after the distortion circuit. This can help tighten up the low-end or increase low-f requency emphasis. The low-f requency response of the Eras is interactive with the gain control, so at higher gain, there is naturally more bass, while at lower gain, there is less bass. The Bass knob helps to balance out the wide range of gain that the Eras offers. Starting at noon, turn down to remove bass and turn up to add bass.
TREB – The Treble control allows you to increase treble to punch through a mix at high gain, or roll off to smooth out low gain signals. Like the bass control, you may find that at higher gain, you will want to add more treble, and at lower gain, you may want to roll the treble back. Starting at noon, turn down to cut out highs and turn up to allow more highs.
The Mode switch is a five-position rotary switch. Each position offers a different combination of internal gain and clipping styles employed by the pedal. You can think of each position as a different “flavor” of the pedal. Each position is described in more detail below.
I. Tight mode with a slight mid-cut, LED hard- clipping, and internal volume compensation. Fastest response, great for palm muting.
II. Tight mode with a slight mid-cut and silicon hard clipping. Smooth with added compression.
III. Dual clipping mode with a slight mid-cut and both silicon and LED hard-clipping. Rich & full with added sustain.
IV. Rhythm mode with a deeper mid-cut, LED hard- clipping, and internal volume compensation. Scooped mids, tight response.
V. Rhythm mode with a deeper mid-cut and silicon hard-clipping. Rhythmic, warm and full.
Note: Since the Mode switch is changing the internal gain and clipping style, the other controls will behave slightly differently as well. You will need to use the volume knob to adjust the overall output up or down depending on which mode is selected.
- Versatile high-gain distortion with 5 selectable “flavors” (Modes)
- Each Mode varies in regard to compression, bass-response, clipping-type; gain-amount
- Great for all types of heavy music genres from rock to metal
- Blend in dry signal for clarity or stacking/mixing other drive pedals
- Great for bass guitar with blending ability
- Active boost/cut bass & treble control for dialing in tone with different pickups
- 5-state High-Gain Distortion
- Tight response and multiple clipping options
- Control: Volume, Blend, Gain, Bass, Treble, Mode (5-positions selector switch)
- Dry/Wet Blend knob to mix with other drive pedals or gain-stacking
- Mix-in dry signal for Bass Guitar applications
- Active Bass and Treble control to cut/boost depending on guitar-/pickup-type
- 5 different distortion “flavors” selectable via Mode switch
- Each mode features different type of compression, bass-response, clipping and gain-amount
- Mode 1: Slight mid-cut, LED hard-clipping (tight-response e.g. for palm muting)
- Mode 2: Slight mid-cut, Silicon hard-clipping (smooth with added compression)
- Mode 3: Slight mid-cut, dual LED/Silicon hard-cliping (rich tone with added sustain)
- Mode 4: Deep mid-cut, LED hard-clipping (scooped mids, tight response)
- Mode 5: Deep mid-cut, Silicon hard-clipping (ryhtmic, warm and full)
- True bypass
- Top mounted Input & Output
- 9-volt DC, Center Negative, 100mA minimum
- Power Supply not included
- Made in the USA