Mad Professor Loud'n Proud gives you the roaring tones of a vintage 4-input Marshall amplifier, with a foot-switchable pre-boost or fuzz.
The term amp-in-a-box has been thrown around with many pedals. Mad Professor Loud'n Proud actually has an amp signal path duplicated in the pedal: a preamp, a power amp with phase inverter, push-pull stage, and even an output transformer simulation. This ensures that the pedal not only sounds like an amp but behaves like one as well.
The pedal has a vintage-correct amount of gain, but you can push it up by engaging the pre-boost, which is capable of a 13 dB boost. The boost side can be switched to a vintage germanium style fuzz for that ultimate Marshall and fuzz combination.
- Bass: Adjusts the amount of the low frequencies.
- Middle: Adjusts the amount of the mid frequencies.
- Treble: Adjusts the high-frequency amplification in the preamp section.
- Gain: Adjusts the amount of distortion.
- Volume: Sets the output level.
- Presence: Adjusts the high-frequency amplification in the power amp section by changing high-frequency feedback.
- Fuzz vol: Sets the output level of the fuzz.
- Boost/Fuzz: Adjusts the amount of the boost or the fuzz.
- Character switch: Tighter bass and a bit compressed sound on the left and a looser bass with maximum dynamics on the right.
- Fuzz / Boost switch: Chooses between the fuzz or the boost circuits.
- Power requirements: 2.1 mm 9 V DC center negative power supply or 9 V battery.
- True bypass.