The 2018 CS-MDV mkII is the world's smallest, yet biggest sounding "real vintage" Univibe clone.
Is it better than the larger silver Fulltone Custom Shop MDV-1 that it has replaced?
No, it's the same, only much smaller, retainling the expression pedal out jack should you need it, and still with no ICs and using only full-size capacitors throughout the entire audio path.
Fulltone Custom Shop Mini Dejávibe CS-MDV mkII is 100% analog, you can't get this sound out of the flavor-of-the-minute Digital pedals suing a $3 DSP chip. You need 13 transistors, 4 x glass photocells, a real & correct incandescent light bulb, and 30 years experience...you need the Fulltone CS-MDV mkII
- 30% smaller enclosure than older MDVs, still with top-mounted jacks for tight spaces.
- Now has MUCH slower and MUCH faster available speeds (than all older Fulltone vibes) achieved by replacing the standard Speed pot with a Fulltone designed & custom-made Photoresistor, while retaining the original Univibe's unique Analog Oscillator circuit and 100% analog warble feel.
- Has a linear ramp up of the Speed knob (and external pedal).This is the bummer about older Deja'Vibes, other clones, and original Univibes: the speed controller has a spot where everything happens, making it hard to find the right speed.
Problem-solved with the mkII.
- It has an External Pedal jack allowing the use of virtually any expression pedal out there, whether it has a 10K, a 50K, 100K, etc potentiometer. As i mentioned previously.
- It has twice the available volume as any vibe clone, assuring that you don't get bogged-down in the mix when you kick it on...without being bright and cold sounding, and a super-low output impedance so it is not affected by pedals that come after it and shines with the dirtiest of amps!
- 100% correct Vintage Univibe analog circuit with no opamps in the Audio path, still using 13 discrete transistors, still the Fulltone Proprietary glass lens/ hermetically sealed photocells with correct incandescent bulb.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE MANUAL