Barefoot Button is an easy customization option for all musicians that use pedals. You simply attach this attractive cap to the footswitch of your pedal, making your pedal more pleasant and accurate to turn on and off.
If you play barefoot or press pedals with your hands, these buttons are crucial for comfort. Even with shoes, there are significant advantages to having Barefoot Buttons on the pedals. Pedals are easier to turn on and off with buttons. Switches don't twist and wear. You can also color code your pedals for those dark stages. At the same time, you will improve the look of your pedalboard and even make it perform better.
Different versions and their applications:
- Version 1 fits the most common footswitch type, the 3PDT. (Fulltone, Keeley, Mad Professor, Walrus Audio, Friedman, etc.)
- Version 2 fits more rare SPST type footswitch, (new Mad Professor pedals, Wampler V2 series, some Pigtronics, Red Panda and Walrus Audio pedals etc.).
Few things about V1 & V2 versions
- The acrylic button (both V1 & V2) works best when the LED is near the footswitch because it enhances the LED visibility in dark stages.
- Mini (both V1 & V2) is slightly slimmer in diameter and doesn't block the LED when it's located near the footswitch.
- Tall Boy (both V1 & V2 and Mini) lets you raise the profile of your pedals significantly.
- Big Bore works with larger diameter switches (Origin Effects, Source Audio pedals, and new TC Electronics series, some of the Walrus Audio pedals, and with a separate spacer, it fits most of the T-Rex and Tech 21 pedals)
- Big Bore Max is for TC Electronic pedals that are equipped with 1/2" mash switches.
- Skirtless (V1 & V2) are the same buttons as the basic version, but with a flat bottom. They solve clearance issues on pedals that have low-mounted switches (for example V1 fits Eventide Factor-series). Another use is to prevent hitting larger LEDs when pressing the button (for example some EHX pedals). Skirtless buttons appear to be a bit taller since their attaching screws are of a different height. You can use Skirtless V1 and V2 on all pedals to fine-tune the height of different pedals in your board.
Barefoot Buttons Heights and Diameters:
Diameter: 1 1/8″ (28.6mm)
Height: 7/8″ (22.2mm)
Diameter: 3/4″ (19mm)
Height: 1/2″ (12.7m)
V1/V2/Skirtless/Big Bore/Big Bore Max
Diameter: 1 1-8″(28.6mm)
Height: 1/2″ (12.7mm)
Diameter: 3/4″ (19mm)
Height: 1/4″ (6.4mm)